Roots Organic Juice Cafe
Address: 108 Lincolnway Valparaiso, IN 46383
Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday 8am – 6pm
Sunday 10 – 4pm
Staff Contact: Carrie Durnell
Public Restrooms: YES
Public Parking: NO
Handicap Accessible: NO
- ARTIST STATEMENTI love to experiment and express myself through art. I always feel challenged , and hope to bring joy and provoke questions to the audience.
- ARTIST STATEMENTIllusion intrigues me. After learning about the basics of symmography in high school algebra, I started combining math and art. The merger of the two has evolved from two-dimensional lines on paper to three-dimensional string on frame. After taking a printing course in college and studying serigraphy, I began incorporating silk screening into my art. I would stretch the string on the back of a silk screen printer and pull the paint through the screen, creating a unique effect with each pull. Many of my current works combine strings on frames with silk screen print backgrounds; the combination draws the viewer in close to study the detail while creating an intriguing illusion from a distance.
- ARTIST STATEMENTMy work is about color; combinations of color that change to form spectrums. The inspiration for these spectrums comes from the hues found in nature. Using watercolor, acrylics, and gouache, I am able to create unique surreal pieces of art.
- ARTIST STATEMENTI’m happiest taking pictures for no reason in particular.
- FEATURED ARTWORK
- ARTIST STATEMENTMy art is interesting because not many artists work with cold wax and oil paint and it is an amazing method of painting. And lots of fun!
- ARTIST STATEMENTI have always loved the natural world. When I got my first camera, it was with the expressed purpose to convey the beauty of nature through my camera. Over time I have worked to develop my own vision. While I will be the first to admit that I am not a technical master with the camera, I have worked hard to master my own artistic approach. An approach of strong composition and simplicity. I hope that my feelings for the subject matter are passed on and experienced by the viewer.
Meet Ricardo Farias
Meet Grace Lebbin
Meet Natalie Parker
Meet Jillian Pancini
Meet Kathy Welter
Meet Gregory Scott